“Laying the Foundation for Safe Play for Kids”
Tuesday, April 11, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Kauffman Foundation Conference Center
4801 Rockhill Road, Kansas City MO 64110
This conference is joint-provided by Children’s Mercy and Mother & Child Health Coalition.
Registration is $60 per person and covers breakfast and lunch, continuing education credits for eligible attendees, and all conference materials.
Register today: HERE
Purpose of conference:
Play is the work of children. We need to create safe play environments for children to promote healthy lifestyles through their lifespans, focusing on safe play at each developmental stage of childhood, This conference will:
• Increase awareness of the importance of play in the physical, cognitive and emotional well-being of children
• Promote increased access for safe play activities
• Develop strategies to decrease risk of injuries at play
• Enhance advocacy efforts for safe play in the home, school and community settings
• This educational activity has been awarded 6 contact hours. Children’s Mercy Kansas City is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
• 6 Social Work CEUs will be provided to licensed social workers. Children’s Mercy Hospital’s
Department of Social Work & Community Services has been approved as a Continuing Education Provider by the State of Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board.
Successful Completion for continuing education credit:
• Participate in conference presentations and activities
• Sign in at beginning of the conference
• Completion of electronic evaluation
Registration Fee: $60 by April 6. NOTE: Payment CANNOT be accepted at Kauffman; all registration fees MUST be received in advance. Cancellations must be received by April 6; After April 6 there will be a $15 cancellation fee.
Click here for a brochure: