Registration Fee: $60 by April 6. Cancellations must be received by April 6; after April 6, there will be a $15 cancellation fee. Registration includes breakfast, lunch and conference materials.
To register for this event, click here NOTE: Payment CANNOT be accepted at Kauffman; all registration fees MUST be received in advance.
Purpose of conference:
Play is the work of children. We need to create safe play environments for children to promote healthy lifestyles through their lifespans, focusing on safe play at each developmental stage of childhood, This conference will:
• Increase awareness of the importance of play in the physical, cognitive and emotional well-being of children
• Promote increased access for safe play activities
• Develop strategies to decrease risk of injuries at play
• Enhance advocacy efforts for safe play in the home, school and community settings
• This educational activity has been awarded 6 contact hours. Children’s Mercy Kansas City is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
• 6 Social Work CEUs will be provided to licensed social workers. Children’s Mercy Hospital’s
Department of Social Work & Community Services has been approved as a Continuing Education
Provider by the State of Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board.
This program is joint-provided by Children’s Mercy and Mother & Child Health Coalition.