Social Media & Internet Marketing Intern for Mother’s Day 2017 Project
Agency: Mother & Child Health Coalition
Department name: Communications
Overview of the program:
Mother & Child Health Coalition (MCHC), a recognized non-profit leader in the field of maternal & child health with particular expertise in combating health inequities and social determinants of health all focused on decreasing infant mortality within the Kansas City metropolitan area, believes that every child deserves a healthy start. MCHC’s work is aimed at improving health outcomes and addressing health disparities through community intervention activities and public awareness campaigns.
Overview of the internship: Social Media & Internet Marketing Intern
We are seeking an avid social media user, excellent communicator, good graphic designer and writer as a communication intern to create a targeted marketing campaign for Mother’s Day 2017. This internship is intended for an individual interested in learning more about non-profit communication and marketing.
Major functions of work will include:
- Research effective marketing strategies using social media and crowd sourcing tools.
- Write and design a multi-faceted campaign to raise funds for MCHC around Mother’s Day.
- Create elements of the campaign for MCHC’s website, FaceBook page and Twitter feed.
- Regularly communicate with staff to ensure coordination.
- Utilize word of mouth marketing, and Internet marketing techniques to increase traffic, brand awareness.
- Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with existing clients and increase the number of impressions on potential clients.
- Utilize Blogging, SEO (search engine optimization), social networking, and backlink building to raise our web presence and placement on web searches.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Increased number of requests for information.
- Increased number of clients utilizing the website.
- Increased number of client connections on social networks.
- Increased donations.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent researching, communication, writing, technology-related and organizational skills.
- Understanding of various platforms such as WordPress, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, HootSuite, Steller, and You Tube.
- Understanding of crowd sourcing and/or mobile fundraising technology.
- Solid understanding of the internet and social media marketing best practices.
- Fearless attitude towards technology and a willingness to learn.
- The intern should be driven, creative, and keep up with the latest social media trends to help develop strategies to effectively use social media and monitor the results of their use.
- Familiar with public health issues.
- Previous experience with HTML coding preferred but not required.
- Graduate students (public health, communication, and marketing) preferred.
When are these positions offered?
- Start date: Open
- End date: Open
- Hours: (internships are typically arranged to accommodate intern’s needs.)
Flexible; generally M-F 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. but some evening and weekends may be required.
Location: 2340 East Meyer Blvd., Building 1, Ste. 216 Kansas City MO 64132
Pay/ Stipend: Unpaid
Travel: Limited travel within the 5-county metro KC area.
Transportation – is a car required? Yes
Application deadlines: Open
Contact information: Submit résumé and letter of interest via: email@example.com
Susan McLoughlin, MSN, RN, CPNP, MCHC executive director, 816-283-6242, ext. 253 or Anne Biswell, communications coordinator, at ext. 226.
Mother & Child Health Coalition
2340 East Meyer Boulevard
Building 1, Suite 216
Kansas City MO 64132