CSI: 2017 CHILD SAFETY INITIATIVE CONFERENCE:
“Laying the Foundation of Safe Play for Kids”
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Kauffman Foundation Conference Center
4801 Rockhill Road
Kansas City MO 64110
Purpose of conference:
Play is the work of children. We need to create safe play environments for children to promote healthy lifestyles through their lifespans, focusing on safe play at each developmental stage of childhood, This conference will:
• Increase awareness of the importance of play in the physical, cognitive and emotional well-being of children
• Promote increased access for safe play activities
• Develop strategies to decrease risk of injuries at play
• Enhance advocacy efforts for safe play in the home, school and community settings
• This educational activity has been awarded 6 contact hours. Children’s Mercy Kansas City is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
• 6 Social Work CEUs will be provided to licensed social workers. Children’s Mercy Hospital’s
Department of Social Work & Community Services has been approved as a Continuing Education
Provider by the State of Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board.
Registration Fee: $60 by March 21, 2017. ($70 March 22 – April 4.) NOTE: Payment CANNOT be
accepted at Kauffman; all registration fees MUST be received in advance.
Cancellation must be received by April 4. After April 4, a $15 cancellation fee will be charged.
This program is joint-provided by Children’s Mercy and Mother & Child Health Coalition.
DuJuan Hord, Coordinator
Safe Kids Metro KC
Phone: (816) 283-6242 ext. 244