The Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative has an opening for a Community Health Worker at Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center.
The Community Health Worker is responsible for providing services for participants enrolled in the Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
- Enrolls and case manages 50 pregnant and postpartum women, and their infants up to two years and their families;
- Assists with the on-going care coordination to pregnant and postpartum women and infants up to two years and their families;
- Assists with recruiting and providing referral resources to significant other males and fathers of the children enrolled in the program;
- Administers depression screens to program participants and makes appropriate referral;
- Assures referral and/or enrollment of program participants and their families in health coverage under the ACA;
- Develops a plan of care with the program participant and modifies plan when appropriate;
- Provides assistance in locating, expediting, and coordinating medical and psycho-social services which are culturally appropriate;
- Prepares monthly reports for the Evaluation Team, and
- Recruits program participants to participate in the Community Action Network (CAN).
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or nursing preferred, or related field experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the maternal and child area.
- Familiarity with the neighborhood services.
- Experience with grassroots organizations and coalescing neighborhoods and their residents.
- Ability to work effectively with project staff and to be a team player.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Somali preferred.
To apply, click HERE